Thursday, November 12, 2009

French Toast "attempted Pancake Pantry style"


So my BFF is on "house rest" (house arrest..hehe) until sweet Adeline is born. I had a day off and took the opportunity to come over and cook her breakfast and keep her company. I haven't updated this and probably only have one follower left (hi Angela) so here it is. This french toast is wonderful!!!


French Toast adapted from Food Network.com Alton Brown


Ingredients

1 cup half-and-half
3 large eggs
2 tablespoons honey, warmed in microwave for 20 seconds
1/4 teaspoon salt
8 (1/2-inch) slices day-old french bread
4 tablespoons butter

(I also added some Cinnamon to taste and confectioners sugar for looks, well and taste too)


Directions
In medium size mixing bowl, whisk together the half-and-half, eggs, honey, and salt. When ready to cook, pour custard mixture into a pie pan and set aside.
Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Dip bread into mixture, allow to soak for 30 seconds on each side, and then remove to a cooling rack that is sitting in a sheet pan, and allow to sit for 1 to 2 minutes.
Over medium-low heat, melt 1 tablespoon of butter in a 10-inch nonstick saute pan. Place 2 slices of bread at a time into the pan and cook until golden brown, approximately 2 to 3 minutes per side. Remove from pan and place on rack in oven for 5 minutes. Repeat with all 8 slices.


7 comments:

Macaroni and Cheesecake said...

Looks delicious!! I still follow you:) Hope you are doing great!

SassyCassie said...

Yummy! I follow you so keep updating!

Flower Child said...

ok this looks fabulous!!! my name is Katchie im not a baker, im a knitter but my big sis is and i love to look at random blogs, and yours is adorable!!! anyway just thought id tell you that i think its awsome that you can cook because i think its the hardest thing in the world!!!! and i hope you dont mind but im going to follow your blog! keep baking!!!
Katchie

Billie, blog à part said...

Du pain perdu! c'est hyper bon ça! : ) (moi je le fait moins sucré)...

Simply Life said...

oh my, what a delicious breakfast!

Cozinhando com Amigos said...

Hi sweet friend! This recipe is incredible!I loved your blog. So, I 'm a follower now. I hope you visit my blog too, and if you like, follow me.
http://kibe-cozinhandocomamigos.blogspot.com/

Anonymous said...

hazır web sitesi, web tasarım, web yazılım, web, tasarım, seo, google optimizasyonu, mobil uygulamalar, firma web sitesi, ekonomik, uygun, kobi, facebook uygulamaları, uygulamasi, mobil, sanal tur